Events, Farmers Markets & Food Festivals in Devon - 2017 Update January 07, 2016 15:13 1 Comment
Here we’ve listed all the food festivals, country shows, farmers markets and other popular events happening in Devon throughout 2017
Regular Farmers Markets in Devon
- Ashburton Farmers' Market, Tuckers Yard, Chuley Road, Ashburton, Devon, TQ13 7DG - 5 days a week - Tuesday – Saturday
- Barnstaple Farmers Market, Pannier Market, Barnstaple - Every Tuesday & Friday
- Bideford Farmers' Market, Market Place, Town Centre, Bideford - Every Tuesday & Saturday
- Bovey Tracey Farmers' Market, Town Square, Union Street, Bovey Tracey - Alternate Saturdays every month
- Buckfastleigh Farmers' Market, Near The Globe Inn, Town Centre - Every Thursday
- Budleigh Salterton Farmers' Market, Polle Car Park, off High Street - Last Friday of every month
- Coombe Martin Farmers' Market, Village Hall - Every third Saturday of the month
- Crediton Farmers' Market, The Market Square - Every 1st Saturday of the month
- Cullompton Farmers' Market, Station Road Car Park, Forge Way - 2nd Saturday of the month
- Dartmouth Farmers' Market, The Old Market - Every second Saturday of the month
- Exeter Farmers' Market, Junction of South Street and Fore Street - Every Thursday
- Exmouth Farmers' Market, The Strand Gardens - 2nd Wednesday every month
- Holsworthy Farmers' Market, The Square - Every Wednesday
- Honiton Farmers' Market, Lace Walk car park - Third Thursday of every month
- Ilfracombe Farmers' Market, St Peters Church, Highfield Road - Every 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month
- Ivybridge Farmers' Market, Hartford Road Car Park - Third Saturday of every month
- Kingsbridge Farmers' Market, Town Square - Every first & third Saturday of the month
- Lynton Farmers' Market, Town Hall - First Saturday of every month
- Newton Abbot Farmers' Market, Courtnay Street - Every Tuesday
- Okehampton Farmers Market, St. James’ Chapel Square, Fore Street - Every first and third Saturday of the month
- Ottery St Mary Farmers' Market, Hind Street Car Park - 1st Friday of the month
- Plymouth Farmers' Market, Town Centre Plaza - Every second & fourth Saturday of the month
- Plymouth Good Food Market, Royal William Yard - First Sunday of every month
- South Molton Pannier Market, Pannier Market - Fourth Saturday of the month
- Tavistock Farmers' Market, Bedford Square - Every second & fourth Saturday of the month
- Teignmouth Farmers' Market, The Triangle - Last Saturday of every month
- Tiverton Pannier Market, Pannier Market - Every Tuesday & Friday
- Torquay Farmers' Market, Union Street - Every Friday
- Totnes Good Food Market, Market Square - Every Third Sunday of the Month
- Widecombe Farmers' Market, Widecombe-on-the-Moor - Every fourth Saturday of the month
Food festivals, country shows and other events in Devon during 2017
27 - 29 April 2017
Tuckers Maltings Beer Festival, Newton Abbot
Showcasing the finest ales of the Southwest’s SIBA members.
29 April - 1 May 2017
Exeter Food & Drink Festival, Exeter
The festival is an annual event held in the courtyard of Exeter Castle and the surrounding Northernhay Gardens, right in the centre of Exeter. Taking place over three days, the festival also includes two evening 'Festival After Dark' events featuring live music, chef demos and a great atmosphere.
Landmark Beer and Music Festival, The Landmark Theatre, Nr Ilfracombe
Real ales and free live music on the North Devon Coast.
18 - 20 May 2017
Devon County Show, Westpoint Exeter
The Devon County Show is the biggest (and best!) event in the county calendar and is the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing day out sampling the many wonders of the local countryside.
2 - 4 June 2017
Flavour Fest 2017, Plymouth
Smell the most delicious aromas in Plymouth City Centre at Flavour Fest, the South West’s largest free food and drink festival (according to www.visitplymouth.co.uk).
Honiton Sausage & Cider Festival, Honiton
Two staples in a true Devonian’s diet: you can’t go wrong, really. And all from local sausage and cider producers.
17 - 18 June 2017
Crediton Food Festival, Crediton
Crediton has history of good, locally produced food and boasts a butcher, greengrocer, bakers, delicatessens, wine shop, cafes, restaurants and other independent outlets.
16 - 18 June 2017
Teignmouth Folk Festival
Teignmouth is one of Devon's oldest seaside resorts and is located below the Haldon Hills and on the estuary of the River Teign. Festival details tbc.
1 July 2017
Let's Rock Exeter, Powderham Castle
The ultimate 80s festival in the beautiful grounds of Powderham Castle.
7 - 15 July 2017
Budleigh Music Festival, Budleigh
The concerts cover a wide range of classical musical styles and are set in this beautiful East Devon seaside town with its own special atmosphere.
6 - 8 July 2017
Exeter Craft Festival, Cathedral Green, Exeter
A celebration of the very best artists & makers based in the South West in the historic setting of Exeter’s Cathedral Green.
22 July 2017
Mid Devon Show, Tiverton
The best one day agricultural show in the west! The Mid Devon Show offers a fun day out for all the family.
4 - 11 August 2017
Sidmouth Folk Week
Sidmouth FolkWeek is a unique week-long seaside celebration of music, dance and song taking place in the charming East Devon regency coastal resort.
Crab Day Street Party, Dartmouth
Taking place alongside the River Dart, on the Quay in Dartmouth, this fantastic Street Party sees South Devon Crab on the menu, as well as music and entertainment for all.
18 - 20 August 2017
Beautiful Days Festival, Escot Park
Beautiful Days started in 2003 and is a family-friendly music festival which takes place in Devon.
Sunwest Beer and Music Festival, The Landmark Theatre, Nr Ilfracombe
Real ales and free live music on the North Devon Coast.
3 September 2017
Lobster and Crab Feast, Clovelly
Clovelly celebrates its famous lobsters and crabs sustainably caught by its fishermen with a great day out for all the family.
12 September 2017
Widecombe Fair, Dartmoor
Once a market for local farmers to sell their surplus stock, now a showcase for all that is wonderful about this part of the country.
13 - 17 September 2017
Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival
Inspiring talks, readings and workshops with prize-winning authors in the seaside town of Budleigh Salterton.
Lyn Food Festival
Free admission to lots of delicious food from across the region.
20 - 22 October 2017
Dartmouth Food Festival, Dartmouth
The Dartmouth Food Festival is an annual festival celebrating all things food and wine. Now in its 12th year, the festival has developed into a major food event or, as The Daily Telegraph put it , a ‘heady mix of celebrity chefs, parties, food markets, tasting shacks and demonstrations’.
Foodfest, Barnstable Pannier Market
Foodfest features over 100 local food and drink exhibitors, six top chefs, numerous tastings including chocolate, breads, local fish dishes, a wide variety of street food, and plenty of homemade cakes and bakes.