Last updated: 25 Feb 2020.
Here we’ve listed all the food festivals, country shows, farmers markets and other popular events happening in Devon throughout 2020.
Regular Farmers Markets in Devon
- Ashburton Farmers' Market, Tuckers Yard, Chuley Road, Ashburton, Devon, TQ13 7DG – open all year except bank holidays and Sundays
- Barnstaple Farmers Market, Pannier Market, Barnstaple - Every Tuesday & Friday, Barnstaple real food market takes place every 2nd Sunday of the month
- Bideford Farmers' Market, Market Place, Town Centre, Bideford - Every Tuesday & Saturday
- Bovey Tracey Farmers' Market, Town Square, Union Street, Bovey Tracey - Alternate Saturdays every month
- Bratton Fleming Farmers’ Market, Village Hall - (except December when it is 2nd Saturday) 4th Saturday every month, 10-12pm
- Brayford Farmers Market, Brayford Village Hall – 2nd Saturday every month, 11am-1pm
- Buckfastleigh Farmers' Market, Near The Globe Inn, Town Centre - Every Thursday
- Budleigh Salterton Farmers' Market, Polle Car Park, off High Street - Last Friday of every month
- Coombe Martin Farmers' Market, Village Hall - Every 3rd Saturday of the month
- Crediton Farmers' Market, The Market Square - Every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month
- Cullompton Farmers' Market, Station Road Car Park, Forge Way - 2nd Saturday of the month
- Dartmouth Farmers' Market, The Old Market - Every second Saturday of the month
- Exeter Farmers' Market, Junction of South Street and Fore Street - Every Thursday
- Exmouth Farmers' Market, The Strand Gardens - 2nd Wednesday every month
- Hartland Farmers’ Market, Parish Hall – 1st Sunday every month
- Holsworthy Farmers' Market, The Square - Every Wednesday
- Honiton Farmers' Market, Lace Walk car park – every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday throughout the year
- Ilfracombe Farmers' Market, The Lantern, High Street - Every 1st Saturday of the month
- Ivybridge Artisan Market, The Watermark - Ivybridge’s Library and Community Resource Centre – Every 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month
- Kingsbridge Farmers' Market, The Quay, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7 1HS - Every 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month
- Lynton Farmers' Market, Town Hall - First Saturday of every month
- Newton Abbot Farmers' Market, Courtnay Street - Every Tuesday and Friday
- Okehampton Farmers Market, St. James’ Chapel Square, Fore Street - Every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month
- Ottery St Mary Farmers' Market, Hind Street Car Park - 1st Friday of the month
Plymouth Farmers' Market, Plimoth Plantation’s Visitor’s Center
Warren Ave, Plymouth- Every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month
- Plymouth Good Food Market, Royal William Yard - First Sunday of every month
- South Molton Pannier Market, Pannier Market – Every Thursday and Saturday
- Tavistock Farmers' Market, Bedford Square - Every second & fourth Saturday of the month
- Teignmouth Farmers' Market, The Triangle - Last Saturday of every month
- Tiverton Pannier Market, Pannier Market - Every Friday
- Totnes Good Food Market, Market Square - Every 3rd Sunday of the Month
- Widecombe Farmers' Market, Widecombe-on-the-Moor - Every 4th Saturday of the month
- Wrafton Farmers’ Market, Heanton Parish Hall - 2nd Saturday every month
Food festivals, country shows and other events in Devon during 2020
16 April - 18 April 2020
Tuckers Maltings Beer Festival, Newton Abbot
Showcasing the finest ales of the Southwest’s SIBA members.
3 May 2020
Salcombe Crab Festival
The towns annual celebration of all things crab. Wonderful food and drink and live music to enjoy.
8 May – 10 May 2020
Exeter Food & Drink Festival, Exeter
The festival is an annual event held in the courtyard of Exeter Castle and the surrounding Northernhay Gardens, right in the centre of Exeter. Taking place over three days, the festival also includes two evening 'Festival After Dark' events featuring live music, chef demos and a great atmosphere.
21 – 23 May 2020
Devon County Show, Westpoint Exeter
The Devon County Show is the biggest (and best!) event in the county calendar and is the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing day out sampling the many wonders of the local countryside.
29 – 31 May 2020
Flavour Fest 2020, Plymouth
Smell the most delicious aromas in Plymouth City Centre at Flavour Fest, the South West’s largest free food and drink festival (according to www.visitplymouth.co.uk).
13 - 14 June 2020
Crediton Food Festival, Crediton
Crediton has history of good, locally produced food and boasts a butcher, greengrocer, bakers, delicatessens, wine shop, cafes, restaurants and other independent outlets.
20 - 21 June 2020
Axe Vale Show Axminster
Marquees and stalls full of foods, drinks, crafts, plants and flowers and much more.
19 - 21 June 2020
Teignmouth Folk Festival
Teignmouth is one of Devon's oldest seaside resorts and is located below the Haldon Hills and on the estuary of the River Teign.
27 June 2020
Let's Rock Exeter, Powderham Castle
The ultimate 80s festival in the beautiful grounds of Powderham Castle.
2 - 4 July 2020
Exeter Craft Festival, Cathedral Green, Exeter
A celebration of the very best artists & makers based in the South West in the historic setting of Exeter’s Cathedral Green.
10 - 18 July 2020
Budleigh Music Festival, Budleigh
The concerts cover a wide range of classical musical styles and are set in this beautiful East Devon seaside town with its own special atmosphere.
25 July 2020
Mid Devon Show, Tiverton
The best one day agricultural show in the west! The Mid Devon Show offers a fun day out for all the family.
31 July - 7 August 2020
Sidmouth Folk Week
Sidmouth FolkWeek is a unique week-long seaside celebration of music, dance and song taking place in the charming East Devon regency coastal resort.
21 - 23 August 2020
Beautiful Days Festival, Escot Park
Beautiful Days started in 2003 and is a family-friendly music festival which takes place in Devon.
August – dates tbc
Landmark Beer and Music Festival, The Landmark Theatre, Nr Ilfracombe
Real ales and free live music on the North Devon Coast.
6 September 2020
Lobster and Crab Feast, Clovelly
Clovelly celebrates its famous lobsters and crabs sustainably caught by its fishermen with a great day out for all the family.
8 September 2020
Widecombe Fair, Dartmoor
Once a market for local farmers to sell their surplus stock, now a showcase for all that is wonderful about this part of the country.
16 - 20 September 2020
Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival
Inspiring talks, readings and workshops with prize-winning authors in the seaside town of Budleigh Salterton.
18 - 20 September 2020
Live music, locally produced beer and cider, chef demonstrations and a food and craft market full of local artisan producers.
27 September 2020
Lyn Food Festival
Free admission to lots of delicious food from across the region.
23 - 25 October 2020
Dartmouth Food Festival, Dartmouth
The Dartmouth Food Festival is an annual festival celebrating all things food and wine. The festival has developed into a major food event or, as The Daily Telegraph put it, a ‘heady mix of celebrity chefs, parties, food markets, tasting shacks and demonstrations’.