2020 Christmas Markets and Events in Devon - it is likely that many events will be cancelled this year due to guidelines resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic. On this page we have attempted to make a note in red of the latest 2020 information that we can find (as of 14th October 2020). Other text relates to last years information. For any 2020 events, we recommend that you contact the event organiser before travelling as information is changing regularly.
Devon is bursting with Christmas events and activities, from meeting Santa, Christmas shopping or watching the magic of a Christmas light switch on. There is plenty going on in Devon to entertain the whole family. Christmas markets and late night shopping where you can enjoy an assortment of craft stalls, local food and drink and entertainment are becoming more and more popular each year. It shouldn’t be hard to find a Christmas market nearby and its bound to get you in the festive mood.
If you want some Christmas fun, ideas for things to do with the whole family or inspiration on the best markets or last minute shopping locations, we’ve listed all the events taking place throughout Christmas in Devon. As we find out about more Christmas markets and events during the season, we’ll add to this list so please contact us if you’d like your event to be included.
And if you’re looking to send a loved one a true taste of Devon this year, don’t forget our delicious Christmas Devon food hampers.
Christmas lights switch on throughout Devon
- 12 November 2020 - Plymouth Christmas lights switch-on
- No information for 2020 as yet. 13-17 November – Exeter Christmas lights switch-on (13 Nov - South Street, North Street and Cathedral Green lights switch,14 Nov - Gandy Street, Queen Street, Guildhall Shopping & Dining lights switch on,15 Nov - Sidwell Street and Paris Street lights switch on, 16 Nov - High Street, Castle Street and Princesshay light switch on, 17 Nov - Fore Street and Christmas Flea)
- No information for 2020 as yet. 15 November - Topsham Christmas lights switch-on (Fore Street from 5pm)
- 21 November 2020 - Torquay Christmas Carnival (usually from 4.30pm)
- 21 November 2020 - Newton Abbot Christmas lights switch-on (usually 5.30pm Clock Tower)
- Cancelled for 2020. 28 November - Barnstaple Christmas lights switch on ( 5 - 7pm, Pannier Market).
- No information for 2020 as yet. 29 November - Dawlish Christmas Lights Switch on (4.30pm – 6.00pm)
- No information for 2020 as yet. 30 November - Light-up Tiverton (6pm for light switch on)
- No information for 2020 as yet. 30 November - Cullompton Christmas festival and lights switch on
- Cancelled for 2020. 1 December - Bideford Christmas lights switch-on (The Quay 12 - 7pm)
- Cancelled for 2020. 6 December - Tavistock Christmas lights switch-on (5.45pm in 2017)
- No information for 2020 as yet. tbc - usually 3pm - 6pm - Bovey Tracey’s Christmas Lights Switch on
Christmas markets, food and craft fairs in Devon
- 7 November 2020 – Tavistock Warm up to Christmas market – Tavistock Town Hall 10am-4pm
- No information for 2020 as yet. 14 November - Powderham Fair - Powderham Castle, Kenton, Exeter 10am-3pm
- Cancelled for 2020. 15 - 17 November - Saltram Christmas Festival (Craft), Saltram Estate 10am-4pm
- No information for 2020 as yet. 16 November to 19 December – Exeter Christmas Market - Cathedral Green, Exeter
- No information for 2020 as yet. 23 November - Christmas in Langtree, North Devon - Gifts & Crafts (Parish Hall, 11-5pm)
- No information for 2020 as yet. 23 November - Unique Boutique Christmas Market (Exeter Phoenix, 10-4pm)
- No information for 2020 as yet. 24 November - The Donkey Sanctuary, Sidmouth - Festive Fair (9am-4pm)
- 26 November to 20 December 2020 – Plymouth Christmas Market - City Centre (all day). A spokesperson for Plymouth City Centre has said that they plan for the market to go ahead for 2020.
- 1, 8 and 15 December 2020 - Totnes Night Market - Market Square.
- No information for 2020 as yet. 30 November - 1 December - Dawlish Christmas Market & Festive Fun
- No information for 2020 as yet. - Dingles Fairground Christmas market and festive funfair
- No information for 2020 as yet. - Bovey Tracey Christmas Fayre (Bovey Tracey Methodist Church 10am-12noon)
- Cancelled for 2020. 7 December - Kingsbridge Celebrates Christmas
- Cancelled for 2020. 6 December - Dickensian Evening, Tavistock
- No information for 2020 as yet 8 December - Harbertonford’s Craft and Art Fair - Village Hall (TQ9 7TR) 10.30am-4.30pm
- No information for 2020 as yet 6 December 5-8pm - Sidmouth Shopping Evening and Christmas Fayre
- No information for 2020 as yet 14 & 15 December - RHS Rosemoor Christmas Craft and Design Fair
- No information for 2020 as yet 14 & 15 December - The Shops at Dartington Christmas Fair
- 19 December 2020 10am-1pm - Crediton Christmas Farmers Market -The Square, Crediton
Other Christmas events in Devon during winter
- Cancelled for 2020. Throughout December - Santa Express Paignton
- Not running in 2020 Dartmoor Train to Christmas Town.
- Nov - Dec 2020 The Polar Express, South Devon Railway. Planning to go ahead for 2020, tickets available to book.
- Cancelled for 2020. 29 - 30 November - Candlelit Dartmouth
- Cancelled for 2020. 23 November - Lanterns, Lights and luminations, Brixham
- December 2020 - Christmas at Pennywell Farm. The Pennywell website says they are planning to run with a few changes to keep everyone safe.
Late night shopping in Devon this season
- Totnes late night shopping 2020 – Tuesday evenings until 9pm on 1, 8 & 15 December
- Exeter late night shopping 2020 – Every Thursday evening
- Plymouth late night shopping - tbc
Previous Christmas Events that we can't find any details on and may not be on this year:
- Plymouth Outside Ice Rink
- Exeter Christmas Market in Castle Street (Thursday's 9am-9pm, Friday/Saturday 9am-5pm )
- St Marychurch Christmas Street Party (Midday until 7.30pm, St Marychruch Precinct)
- Christmas Market at Royal William Yard, Plymouth
- Teignmouth Christmas Market - Richard Newton Hall, Teignmouth