This year many Christmas Markets and Events are returning for 2021. We have included all the events we have information for as of 1 October 2021 but be sure to check with the venue or event directly before travelling as information is subject to change.
Devon is bursting with Christmas events and activities, from meeting Santa, Christmas shopping or watching the magic of a Christmas light switch on. There is plenty going on in Devon to entertain the whole family. Christmas markets and late night shopping where you can enjoy an assortment of craft stalls, local food and drink and entertainment are becoming more and more popular each year. It shouldn’t be hard to find a Christmas market nearby and its bound to get you in the festive mood.
If you want some Christmas fun, ideas for things to do with the whole family or inspiration on the best markets or last minute shopping locations, we’ve listed all the events taking place throughout Christmas in Devon. As we find out about more Christmas markets and events during the season, we’ll add to this list so please contact us if you’d like your event to be included.
And if you’re looking to send a loved one a true taste of Devon this year, don’t forget our delicious Christmas Devon food hampers.
Christmas lights switch on throughout Devon
- Thursday 18 November 2021 - Plymouth City Centre Christmas lights switch-on
- Thursday 18 November 2021, 4pm – Exeter Christmas lights switch-on
- Friday 19 November 2021, 5pm to 7.30pm - South Molton Christmas Lights switch-on, South Molton Pannier Market
- Saturday 20 November 2021 - Torquay Christmas lights switch-on. There will be no big celebrity “switch on”, as the lights will appear when each trader switches on their lights.
- Saturday 20 November 2021 - Tavistock Christmas lights switch-on, 4pm onwards with lights switch-on at 5.45pm
- Wednesday 24 November 2021 - Newton Abbot Christmas lights switch-on (gradual switch on starting at 5.30pm at the Train Station, ending at the Clock Tower)
- Thursday 25 November 2021 - Barnstaple Christmas lights switch-on ( usually 5 - 7pm, Pannier Market).
- Friday 26 November 2021 - Dawlish Christmas Lights Switch-on (Time to be confirmed)
- Saturday 27 November, 2021 - Light-up Tiverton. Lantern Parade and switch-on at 6pm.
- Saturday 27 November, 2021 - Cullompton Christmas festival and lights switch on
- Friday 26 November 2021, 4.15pm onwards - Topsham Christmas lights switch-on
- Saturday 27 November 2021 - Plymouth Barbican lights switch-on
- Saturday 27 November 2021 - Brixham Quay, Lanterns Lights and Luminations Christmas lights switch-on, 10am-8pm
- Saturday 27 November - Christmas in Crediton, Christmas lights switch-on 5pm
- Sunday 28 November 2021, 3.30pm onwards - Clovelly Christmas lights switch-on
- Friday 3 December, 2021, 6pm - Broadclyst, Near Exeter. Christmas light switch on, a visit from Father Christmas and other festive activities. This will be a ticketed event. More information on Facebook @Broadclyst Christmas light switch on.
- Saturday 4 December 2021, 3pm to 6pm - Bovey Tracey Christmas lights switch-on, Fore Street, Bovey Tracey.
- Sunday 5 December 2021 - Bideford Christmas lights switch-on (The Quay 12 - 7pm)
Christmas markets, food and craft fairs in Devon
- Thursday 4 November 2021 - Powderham Castle, Kenton, Exeter, Michaelmas Fair, 10am-3pm
- Saturday 6 November 2021 – Tavistock Warm up to Christmas market, Tavistock Town Hall 10am-4pm
- Saturday 6 November 2021, 10am to 4pm - The Holly Jolly Christmas Craft Fair,Exeter Corn Exchange. Over 50 stalls all under one roof.
- Thursday 18 November – Saturday 18 December 2021 – Exeter Cathedral Christmas Market - Cathedral Green, Exeter
- No information for 2021 as yet - Christmas in Langtree, North Devon - Gifts & Crafts (Parish Hall, 11-5pm)
- No information for 2021 as yet - The Donkey Sanctuary, Sidmouth - Festive Fair (9am-4pm)
- Saturday 20 November 2021 (Yet to be confirmed for 2021) - Torquay Christmas Carnival (usually from 4.30pm)
- Saturday 20 November, 10am to 4pm - Moretonhampstead Winter Market at Moretonhampstead Sports and Community Centre. A festive local market full of beautiful wares by local Dartmoor artisans and businesses.
- Sunday 21 November, 2021, 9am to 6pm - Christmas in Langtree, Parish Hall, North Devon. Christmas Craft Market
- Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 November 2021 - Pavilions Teignmouth - Christmas Gift & Craft Fayre, 10am onwards
- Saturday 27 November, 1pm - 6.30pm - Christmas in Crediton, Crediton Town Square. Theme ‘Santa’s Super Heroes’
- Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 November 2021, 10am - 5pm - Torre Abbey, WinterFest Christmas Fair
- Postponed for 2021 - Totnes Christmas Festival evenings
- Saturday 27 November and Sunday 28 November 2021 - Dawlish Christmas Street Market & Festive Fun
- Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 November 2021, 10am to 4pm - Christmas Craft Fayre at Lupton House,Churston Ferrers TQ5 0LD. Free entry, Cafe and gift shop open. Parking £1 per car.
- Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th November 2021, 10am to 4pm - Ullacombe Farm Christmas Market. Santa's Selfie Sleigh, Delicious Festive Food & Local Stalls.
- Thursday 2 December, 2021 - Chudleigh Fair and Late Night Christmas Shopping
- Tuesday 2 December to Friday 19 December 2021 - Plymouth Christmas Market - City Centre (all day).
- Friday 3, Saturday 4 December 2021, 11am to 7pm. Sunday 5, 10am-4pm - RHS Rosemoor Christmas Celebration Craft Fair
- Friday 3 December, 2021- Dickensian Evening, Tavistock. Late night shop opening and Pannier Market open until 9pm.
- Saturday 4 December 2021, 10am to 4pm - Newton Abbot Christmas Fayre, Newton Abbot Racecourse
- Saturday 4 December 2021 - Kingsbridge Celebrates Christmas
- Saturday 4 December 2021, 3pm to 6pm - Bovey Tracey Christmas Market, Fore Street.
- Sunday 5 December, 2021 - Tiverton Annual Christmas Market. For more details visit Facebook @Tiverton Annual Christmas Market
- No information for 2021 as yet (TBC) - Harbertonford’s Craft and Art Fair - Village Hall, 10.30am-4.30pm
- Tuesday 7 - Sunday 12 December 2021 - Connaught@Christmas, held at Sidmouth Connaught Gardens. Creative light displays, local crafts & food.
- Each Weekend in December - The Shops at Dartington Christmas Market with additional craft fairs on 27-28 Nov and 4-5 Dec.
- Friday 10 December - Bicton Park Botanical Gardens, Late Night Shopping & Craft Fair
- Sunday 12 December 2021, 10am to 3pm - Newton Abbot Good Food Sunday Christmas Fair, Newton Abbot Racecourse
- Sunday 19 December - Plymouth Good Food Sunday Christmas Food Fair with Complimentary Craft, Home Park Stadium
Other Christmas events in Devon during winter
- 28th Nov - 31st Dec 2021 - Powderham Castle, Christmas at the Castle (12pm-4pm) or (5pm-9pm)
- 20, 21, 26, 27, and 28 November and 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 15 to 23 December 2021 - South Devon Railway, Polar Express
- 24 November - 30 December (Train of Lights) & 3 to 23 December (Train of Lights with Santa) 2021 - Dartmouth Steam Railway Christmas Train of Lights (Booking open. Book early to avoid disappointment)
- No information for 2021 as yet (TBC) - Candlelit Dartmouth
- Saturday 27 November 2021 - Lanterns, Lights and luminations, Brixham
- Final details for 2021 coming soon! - Christmas at Pennywell Farm
Late night shopping in Devon this season
- Totnes late night shopping 2021 – The traditional festival is cancelled for 2021 but see Totnes Town Council website for latest information on Christmas lights switch-on and late night shopping
- Exeter late night shopping 2021 – Every Thursday evening
- Plymouth late night shopping 2021 - Tuesdays and Saturdays throughout December
Previous Christmas Events that we can't find any details on and may not be on this year:
- Plymouth Outside Ice Rink
- Exeter Christmas Market in Castle Street (Thursday’s 9am-9pm, Friday/Saturday 9am-5pm )
- St Marychurch Christmas Street Party (Midday until 7.30pm, St Marychruch Precinct)
- Christmas Market at Royal William Yard, Plymouth